1. Take smaller bites of food and chew it properly.
2. Insufficient water is the main cause of constipation. So drink enough water. The best time to drink pure water is first thing in the morning when you wake up, during or around work-outs, and between meals.
3. Take minimum amount of water during eating because fluids will dilute your stomach acid and all the digestive enzymes.
4. Increase dietary fibers such as dried fruit, such as dates, figs, pruces, beans and legumes, etc.
5. Try to avoid antacids, and this includes Tums, Rolaids, the little purple pill and countless other varieties thereof.
6. Try to eat sitting down and in a relaxed environment.